And now for something completely different.......
Artist Trading Cards
Dec 11, 2020 - Jan 14, 2021
Entries Due: Dec 1 - 5 for walk-ins, or received by mail no later than Dec 5
PLEASE NOTE There are several components that are different about this exhibit! Be sure to read it through.
Not sure how to create an ATC? Most swaps, or in this case-exhibits, are open to any media, materials or techniques as long as the card fits into a standard trading card sleeve. ATCs are normally created to be traded, not sold. However, artists intended to sell them refer to theirs as Art Card Editions and Originals (ACEO). For the purpose of this exhibit, all cards will be offered for sale and all remaining cards will be traded amongst the artists.
How did the movement start?
In 1997, M. Vanci Stirnemann, a Swiss artist, created 1200 cards by hand as part of an exhibit. On the last day, he invited others to create their own cards and trade with him during the closing reception. The movement took off, and today, there are ATC swaps in almost every major city around the world. There are also many online swaps.
Open to artists 18 or older living in the continental US!
- All ATCs must be the size: 2.5" x 3.5".
- All work MUST be available for sale & otherwise traded. Artists WILL NOT receive their own work back!
- Although they may have some thickness, they must slide into a protective sleeve for wall display and be flat enough to mail (preferably not too delicate)
- ATCs should be labelled on the back (typed or printed very legibly!!) with Artist's name, email, city, state.
- Original work not completed under instruction. All imagery must be the artist’s original work. This includes collage images.
- Each card will be considered an entry. No diptychs or triptychs for this exhibit.
- Work must be UNframed! ATCs will be displayed in clear hanging sleeves, not be pierced in any way.
- Though this exhibit will not be juried or judged for awards, we do ask that artists please refrain from any profanity or obscenity, or other subject matter that would not be considerate for all ages.
- Works in their original medium (a watercolor is an original, a reproduction of a painting is not.
Looking for a no-contact way of entering your work? This can be done completely by mail!!! Or have your entry form filled out entirely before coming and bring either exact cash or check to drop off with your form.
Submissions Entries can be either hand delivered to Framations: Tuesday Dec 1 - Saturday Dec 5: 10-6 OR mailed to Framations, received no later than Dec 5. Mail to Framations, 218 North Main St, St. Charles, MO 63301.
Exhibition Fee Artists may submit up to four works for a non-refundable exhibition fee of $5.00 per piece. This goes towards the rental fee of the gallery, display sleeves, postage, etc.
Notification/Retrieval This exhibit will not be juried. Art Cards will be available for sale. Any Cards not sold will be traded with another artists! Framations will do a random drawing between all of the unsold cards mail them out at the end of the exhibit. Artists WILL NOT receive their own card(s) back. Your work will either sell or be traded!
Awards & Reception There is no reception. The exhibit will be open to the public for 6 weeks. There is no judge or jury for this exhibit, just the joy and challenge of creating miniature art pieces and the joy of sharing art with other artists.
Sales Sales are encouraged. Framations will retain a 25% commission on any work sold through the exhibition. All works must be available for sale. We thank you for being an active part of the Arts in St. Charles!
Liability and Insurance While reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard entries, Framations does not insure work submitted to the gallery for Exhibitions and is not responsible for loss or damage to any work submitted while on display or in transit. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure their own artwork.
Promotional Information Framations reserves the right to photograph all exhibited works for use on our website, email announcement for the exhibit and for use in press releases and exhibition promotions.
Entry in this Exhibition indicates agreement with all conditions in this prospectus.