About the Exhibit Theme: An exhibition of photographic works in all disciplines, open to artists 18 years of age or older who live in the St. Louis region.
··Photographic work in all disciplines.
·Artists are encouraged to write individual statements specific for each entry (max 300 words) - NOT an overall statement or bio. -that describes how their artwork relates to the theme. This is optional for this exhibit, but it can enhance the viewer’s experience.
· Max size for wall hung work, including frames is 80 United Inches (United inches = Length + Width)
· Work completed in the past 3 years that has not been exhibited in any juried exhibition at Framations.
· Original work not completed under instruction. All imagery must be the artist’s original work. This includes collage images.
· · A diptych/triptych is considered one entry only if priced as a whole. Individually priced works will be considered as separate entries. The total size of the entry must fit the size guidelines listed above.
· Work must be suitably framed, wired and ready to hang. Some pieces, such as gallery wrap canvases, fiber work, etc. do not require frames. Framations reserves the right to reject work that is not properly prepared for hanging or is in any way unstable.
- Works in their original medium (a watercolor is an original, a reproduction of a painting is not the original medium, etc)
Submissions Entries must be hand delivered to Framations: Friday Jan 18 & Saturday Jan 19: 10-6 or Sunday Jan 20: 12 – 5. Artists may print and fill out the entry form in advance from ww.w.framations.com or fill out at the gallery.
Entry Fee Artists may submit up to four works for a non-refundable entry fee of $8.00 per piece. Entry fees are intended to help cover the costs incurred by hosting the exhibit. These include but are not limited to postcards, postage, reception costs, awards, etc.
Notification Artists will be notified concerning acceptance within 24 hours of jury process. Please plan to pick up any declined work before the reception on Dec 8, or to make other arrangements.
Awards First Place- $100 Second Place- $70
Third Place- $40 Honorable Mention Ribbons
Opening Reception Friday, Jan 25: 6-8 pm
Retrieval of Works Any unsold work can be retrieved the weekend following the close of the exhibit: Friday March 8 & Saturday March 9: 10-6 & Sunday March 10: 12-5. Please DO NOT plan to pick up work before this weekend. If you cannot come this weekend, please make arrangements with the gallery for afterward.
Sales Sales are encouraged. Framations will retain a 25% commission on any work sold through the exhibition. All works must be clearly marked upon entry with price or designated NFS. The gallery offers Installment Plans on artwork purchases, up to 90 days depending on the purchase amount. If a customer purchases your work in this way, you are paid the amount due once the contract is complete.
Liability and Insurance While reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard entries, Framations does not insure work submitted to the gallery for Exhibitions and is not responsible for loss or damage to any work submitted while on display or in transit. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure their own artwork.
Promotional Information Framations reserves the right to photograph all exhibited works for use on our website, email announcement for the exhibit and for use in press releases and exhibition promotions.
About Juried Exhibits
Dependent on the juror’s decision, an artist may find that all, some, or possibly none of their pieces are chosen to be a part of the exhibition. Framations strives to promote excellent exhibitions that are juried to fit the exhibit space but also display the best quality work chosen from what is entered.
Discounts In appreciation to the artists who make our exhibits possible, artists who are juried into an exhibit will receive a 20% discount off both gallery purchases and framing while their work is on display. If an artist’s work receives the People’s Choice award, the discount is extended for the length their work is on display. We thank you for being an active part of the Arts in St. Charles!
Entry in this Exhibition indicates agreement with all conditions in this prospectus.
See more Calls for Entry Here