Entries Due: April 20-22
An all media juried exhibition of themed work illustrating an element of dreams, fantasy, or the abstract; or otherwise
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." ~T.E. Lawrence
Please note the changes to this Call for Entry below in RED.
· Artists are encouraged to write individual artist statements for their entries (max 300 words) - NOT an overall statement or bio. - that describes how their artwork relates to the theme. This is optional for this exhibit, but it can enhance the viewer’s experience.
· Open to all wall hung and 3D mediums. Max size for wall hung work, including frames is 80 United Inches (United inches = Length + Width)
· 3D works must fit on a pedestal of 18” x 18” (if requiring a pedestal). Freestanding pieces must fit through a standard size door and use and area of floor space no larger than 4’ (2’ x 2’ or 1’ x 4’ for example) & a height no larger than 6’.
· Work completed in the past 3 years that has not been exhibited in any juried exhibition at Framations.
· Original work not completed under instruction. All imagery must be the artist’s original work. This includes collage images.
· A diptych/triptych counts as one entry only if priced as a whole. Individually priced works will be considered as separate entries.
· Work must be suitably framed, wired and ready to hang. Some pieces, such as gallery wrap canvases, fiber work, etc. do not require frames. Framations reserves the right to reject work that is not properly prepared for hanging or is in any way unstable.
· Works in their original medium (a watercolor is an original, a reproduction of a painting is not the original medium, etc)
Open to artists 18 or older living in the St. Louis region.
Submissions Entries must be hand delivered to Framations: April 20 & April 21: 10-6 or April 22: 12 – 5. Artists may print and fill out the entry form in advance from ww.framations.com or fill out at the gallery.
Entry Fee Artists may submit up to four works for a non-refundable entry fee of $8.00 per piece. Entry fees are intended to help cover the costs incurred by hosting the exhibit. These include but are not limited to postcards, postage, reception costs, awards, etc.
Notification Artists will be notified concerning acceptance within 24 hours of jury process. Please plan to pick up any declined work before the reception on April 27, or to make other arrangements.
Awards First Place- $100 Second Place- $70
Third Place- $40 Honorable Mention Ribbons
Opening Reception Friday, April 27: 6-8 pm
Retrieval of Works Any unsold work can be retrieved the weekend following the close of the exhibit: Friday June 1 & Saturday June 2: 10-6 & Sunday June 3: 12-5. Please DO NOT plan to pick up work before this weekend. If you cannot come this weekend, please make arrangements with the gallery for afterward.
Sales Sales are encouraged. Framations will retain a 25% commission on any work sold through the exhibition. All works must be clearly marked upon entry with price or designated NFS. The gallery offers Installment Plans on artwork purchases, up to 90 days depending on the purchase amount. If a customer purchases your work in this way, you are paid the amount due once the contract is complete.
Liability and Insurance While reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard entries, Framations does not insure work submitted to the gallery for Exhibitions and is not responsible for loss or damage to any work submitted while on display or in transit. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure their own artwork.
About Juried Exhibits
Dependent on the juror’s decision, an artist may find that all, some, or possibly none of their pieces are chosen to be a part of the exhibition. Framations strives to promote excellent exhibitions that are juried to fit the exhibit space but also display the best quality work chosen from what is entered.
Juror Michael Behle is an artist, educator, and community organizer based in St. Louis, Missouri. His work has been exhibited extensively at venues including: Laumeier Sculpture Park, St. Louis, Missouri; Phillips de Pury, New York, New York; Art Resources Transfer, New York, New York; Aqua Art, Miami, Florida; Next Art Fair, Chicago, Illinois; Mitchell Museum (Southern Illinois Biennial) Mt. Vernon, Illinois; Puerto Rico International Art Fair, San Juan, Puerto Rico; Sotheby’s in New York, New York; and The Underground, Stuttgart, Germany, among others. He received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Maryland Institute College of Art, and his Master of Fine Arts degree from Rutgers University. Behle is a fellow of the Vermont Studio Center, and the Community Arts Training Program through the Regional Arts Commission of St. Louis.
In 2012 Behle founded Paul Artspace, a residency program located in St. Louis, Missouri, and in 2014 he co-founded Museum Blue, a project space also located in St. Louis. He has served as an independent curator on numerous projects for both local and national
exhibitions. His work has received support in grants and fellowships from the Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts, the Regional Arts Commission, and the Vermont Studio Center, among others. Behle has served as a guest lecturer and visiting professor at several venues and institutions, most recently at Santa Reparata International School of Art in Florence, Italy and the Birmingham School of Art in the United Kingdom. He currently serves as Assistant Chairperson in the Department of Art and Design at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
Promotional Information Framations reserves the right to photograph all exhibited works for use on our website, email announcement for the exhibit and for use in press releases and exhibition promotions.
Discounts In appreciation to the artists who make our exhibits possible, artists who are juried into an exhibit will receive a 20% discount off both gallery purchases and framing while their work is on display. If an artist’s work receives the People’s Choice award, the discount is extended for the length their work is on display. We thank you for being an active part of the Arts in St. Charles!
Entry in this Exhibition indicates agreement with all conditions in this prospectus.
Framations is dedicated….to working with artists to enhance their work with affordable framing...and to provide exhibition opportunities in our beautiful historic area.
Upcoming Calls for Entry
The Science of it (all media)
June 8 – July 12 Entries Due: June 1-3
Focus on the Details II (all media)
July 20 - Aug 23 Entries Due: July 13 - 15
Thresholds (all media)
Aug 31 - Oct 11 Entries Due: Aug 24 - 26