Entries due: June 1 & 2: 10-6 and June 3: 12-5
A juried exhibit of work exploring science and its influences in our world. Through science we study bacteria, biology, evolution, the stars and everything in between. We examine and hypothesize and relate. Here we ask artists to use their knowledge and interest in the many facets of science to inspire their work!
“To develop a complete mind: Study the science of art; Study the art of science. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
· Artists will be asked on their entry form “Inspired by ________ (branch or type of science)
· Artists are encouraged to write individual artist statements for their entries (max 300 words) - NOT an overall statement or bio. - that describes how their artwork relates to the theme. This is optional for this exhibit, but it can enhance the viewer’s experience.
· Open to all wall hung and 3D mediums. Max size for wall hung work, including frames is 80 United Inches (United inches = Length + Width)
· 3D works must fit on a pedestal of 18” x 18” (if requiring a pedestal). Freestanding pieces must fit through a standard size door and use and area of floor space no larger than 4’ (2’ x 2’ or 1’ x 4’ for example) & a height no larger than 6’.
· Work completed in the past 3 years that has not been exhibited in any juried exhibition at Framations.
· Original work not completed under instruction. All imagery must be the artist’s original work. This includes collage images. · A diptych/triptych counts as one entry only if priced as a whole. Individually priced works will be considered as separate entries.
· Work must be suitably framed, wired and ready to hang. Some pieces, such as gallery wrap canvases, fiber work, etc. do not require frames. Framations reserves the right to reject work that is not properly prepared for hanging or is in any way unstable.
· Works in their original medium (a watercolor is an original, a reproduction of a painting is not the original medium, etc)
Open to artists 18 or older living in the St. Louis region.
Submissions Entries must be hand delivered to Framations: Friday June 1 & Saturday June 2: 10-6 or Sunday June 3: 12 – 5. Artists may print and fill out the entry form in advance from ww.framations.com or fill out at the gallery.
Entry Fee Artists may submit up to four works for a non-refundable entry fee of $8.00 per piece. Entry fees are intended to help cover the costs incurred by hosting the exhibit. These include but are not limited to postcards, postage, reception costs, awards, etc.
Notification Artists will be notified concerning acceptance within 24 hours of jury process. Please plan to pick up any declined work before the reception on June 8, or to make other arrangements.
Awards First Place- $100 Second Place- $70
Third Place- $40 Honorable Mention Ribbons
Opening Reception Friday, June 8: 6-8 pm
Retrieval of Works Any unsold work can be retrieved the weekend following the close of the exhibit: Friday July 13 &
Saturday July 14: 10-6 & Sunday July 15: 12-5. Please DO NOT plan to pick up work before this weekend. If you cannot come this weekend, please make arrangements with the gallery for afterward.
Sales Sales are encouraged. Framations will retain a 25% commission on any work sold through the exhibition. All works must be clearly marked upon entry with price or designated NFS. The gallery offers Installment Plans on artwork purchases, up to 90 days depending on the purchase amount. If a customer purchases your work in this way, you are paid the amount due once the contract is complete.
Liability and Insurance
While reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard entries, Framations does not insure work submitted to the gallery for Exhibitions and is not responsible for loss or damage to any work submitted while on display or in transit. Artists are strongly
encouraged to insure their own artwork.
Promotional Information Framations reserves the right to photograph all exhibited works for use on our website, email
announcement for the exhibit and for use in press releases and exhibition promotions.
About Juried Exhibits
Dependent on the juror’s decision, an artist may find that all, some, or possibly none of their pieces are chosen to be a part of the exhibition. Framations strives to promote excellent exhibitions that are juried to fit the exhibit space but also display the best quality work chosen from what is entered.
Juror Brigham Dimick was born in Oak Park, Illinois in 1962 and grew up in Allentown, Pennsylvania. He is currently a professor at SIUE. As a teenager, Brigham studied at the Barnstone Studios, a privately run atelier, where he developed a portfolio that enabled him to win of a four-year scholarship to Tyler School of Art, where he received a BFA in painting. The diversity of those two educational experiences could not be more different. The opposing philosophies of time-honored development of drawing techniques within the atelier - compared to a strong emphasis on experimentation and self-invention at Tyler - has served as a catalyst for a life-long commitment to synthesize inherited traditions and new methodologies.
Before going to Indiana University for an MFA in painting, Brigham spent four years hitchhiking across the country, living in northern California, traveling in Mexico, painting houses, and drawing. He has received Individual Artist Fellowships from the states of Georgia and Pennsylvania and a professional development grant from Illinois, and also many generous grants through the Graduate School of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Some of his drawings are in the corporate collections of Morgan Stanley and Fische & Richardson, in the Dishman Art Museum, and in the university collections of Emporia State, and St. Ambrose University. He resides in Edwardsville, Illinois with his wife and two daughters.
Discounts In appreciation to the artists who make our exhibits possible, artists who are juried into an exhibit will receive a 20% discount off both gallery purchases and framing while their work is on display. If an artist’s work receives the People’s Choice award, the discount is extended for the length their work is on display. We thank you for being an active part of the Arts in St. Charles!
Entry in this Exhibition indicates agreement with all conditions in this prospectus.
Framations is dedicated….
to working with artists to enhance their work with affordable framing...and to provide exhibition opportunities in our beautiful historic area.
Upcoming Calls for Entry
Focus on the Details II (all media)
July 20 - Aug 23
Entries Due: July 13 - 15
Thresholds (all media)
Aug 31 - Oct 11
Entries Due: Aug 24 - 26