En Plein Air & Pleasure: The Art of Catherine Mahoney
Exhibition Dates: Sept 5 - Oct 8, 2006
About Artist Catherine Mahoney:
The works of Catherine Mahoney have gained consistent acceptance in juried exhibitions throughout the country including:
- Watercolor Honor Society, the 75th Naitonal Watercolor Society Exhibition
- 1995 Watercolor USA, National Competitive Exhibiton, Semifinalist Cash Award and Patron Purchase Prize Award
- 56th National Texas Watercolor Society Exhibition, Award of Merit and traveling show
- 17th National Watercolor Oklahoma Exhibition
- 45th National Juried Art Show, Colorado Springs Art Guild
- Garret Gallery International Fine Arts Competition, Three Honorable Mentions
- Oil Painters of America Midwest Regional Show
- St. Louis Artist's Guild Art Section Shows, Five Honorable Mentions
- Missouri Top 50 Art Exhibition, Five years
- Missouri Public Service Award, First Prize and Purchase Prize Award
- Arts, Rolla! Exhibitions, eight years, two Awards of Excellence, Third Place and First Place of Show Awards
- Alumni Art Exhibiton, Truman University, five years.
After graduating high school as Valedictorian from La Plata, Missouri, Catherine studied art and holds the B.S. in Art Education from Truman University, earning a Life-long Missouri State Teachers Certificate. During that time, Catherine was a member of The Honorary Art Club, Alpha Phi Sigma, and Phi Beta Kappa. Having lived in Hermann for 30 years, Catherine has maintained an active interest in the Herman community and area. Involved as the Hermann Arts Council Past-President; in schools as Art Instructor, substitute teacher and PTO Past-President; and area churches as Sunday School teacher, VBS teacher and pianist/organist; with youth, Scouts, and 4-H Programs; also serving as the Gasconade County Fair Art Department Chairman. She enjoys membership locally in the Hermann Chamber of Commerce, the Artists of Wine Country, and is well-known for her interests in furthering the arts of Hermann's area youth by conducting Colorful Brushes Student Summertime Art Workshops, and "Young At Art" Student Art Shows since l988.
Signature member of:
The Watercolor Honor Society
The Missouri Watercolor Society
The Texas Watercolor Society
Learn more about artist Catherine Mahoney on her website.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE IMAGES FROM THIS SHOW
The images contained on this site are copyrighted by the artists
and cannot be downloaded, copied or used without written permission.
Framations Custom Framing & Art Gallery ~ 218 North Main Street ~ St Charles, Missouri 63301 ~ (636)724-8313