|Worth Repeating II
Nov 20, 2021 - Jan 11, 2022
Opening Day: Nov 20 (more info below)
Entries Due: Nov 10 - 13
A juried exhibit focusing on repetition.
|| "Arabesque III" by Paul Breuer. Oil Paint Sticks.
First Place, Worth Repeating (2014)
About the Exhibit Theme:
A juried exhibit focusing on repetition...be it color, texture, pattern, form, etc. Use your imagination and interpret as you will.
Open to artists 18 years of age or older who live in the St. Louis region.
· Open to all wall hung and 3D mediums. Max size for wall hung work, including frames is 80 United Inches (United inches = Length + Width)
· 3D works must fit on a pedestal of 18” x 18” (if requiring a pedestal). Freestanding pieces must fit through a standard size door and use and area of floor space no larger than 4’ (2’ x 2’ or 1’ x 4’ for example) & a height no larger than 6’.
· Artists are encouraged to write individual statements specific for each entry (max 300 words) - NOT an overall statement or bio. - that describes how their artwork relates to the theme. This is optional for this exhibit, but it can enhance the viewer’s experience. If you type it to print, please also email a copy to us at email@example.com.
· Work completed in the past 3 years that has not been exhibited in any juried exhibition at Framations.
· Original work not completed under instruction. All imagery must be the artist’s original work. This includes collage images.
· A diptych/triptych is one entry only if priced as a whole. Anything individually priced will e considered separate entries. The total size of the entry must fit the size guidelines listed above.
· Work must be suitably framed, wired and read to hang. Framations reserves the right to reject work that is not properly prepared for hanging or is in any way unstable.
Submissions Entries must be hand delivered to Framations: Wednesday, Nov 10 - Saturday, Nov 13: 10-6. Artists may print and fill out the entry form in advance or fill out at the gallery. Visit Framations.com and follow the information on the homepage for Calls for Entry.
Entry Fee Artists may submit up to four works for a non-refundable entry fee of $8.00 per piece. Entry fees are intended to help cover the costs incurred by hosting the exhibit.
Notification Artists will be notified concerning acceptance within 24 hours of jury process. Please plan to pick up any declined work by Nov 19, or to make other arrangements.
Awards First Place- $100 Second Place- $70 Third Place- $40 Honorable Mention Ribbons
Opening Reception In lieu of a formal reception and in a effort to avoid elbow to elbow crowds, we will host an Opening Day for this exhibit. Opening Day will be Nov 20 from 10-6. Visitors throughout the day will be invited to vote for People’s Choice, with their vote (that day only) as an entry to a drawing for one of 2 $25 Gift Certificates. Artists and those wishing to mingle with them are encouraged to attend an informal gathering from 1-3pm. Awards will be posted at the beginning of the day for viewing and announced via email and Facebook at 1pm. At this time, with utmost caution for the health and safety of our artists and visitors, we will refrain from serving refreshments. We truly wish to celebrate the juried artists while also respecting the ongoing climate of uncertainty in regards to Covid.
Sales Sales are encouraged. Framations will retain a 25% commission on any work sold through the exhibition. All works must be clearly marked upon entry with price or designated NFS. The gallery offers Installment Plans on artwork purchases, up to 90 days depending on the purchase amount. If a customer purchases your work in this way, you are paid the amount due once the contract is complete.
Retrieval of Works Any unsold work will be available for pickup Wednesday, Jan 12 - Saturday, Jan 15: 10-6. PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT a storage facility. Artwork left more than 60 days after the close of an exhibit becomes the property of Framations. Mark your calendar for retrieval NOW.
About Juried Exhibits
Dependent on the juror’s decision, an artist may find that all, some, or possibly none of their pieces are chosen to be a part of the exhibition. Framations strives to promote excellent exhibitions that are juried to fit the exhibit space but also display the best quality work chosen from what is entered.
Juror: Jessica Mannisi is a St. Louis-based curator, arts consultant, and art historian with over 15 years of experience in the museum and gallery field. She’s passionate about supporting regional arts, and has worked closely with award-winning artists and organizations to elevate the local arts community. After earning her graduate degree in Museum Studies from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville, Jessica was the assistant curator/registrar of the William & Florence Schmidt Art Center in Belleville, Illinois. She followed this 8-year tenure as the assistant curator of visual art for Grand Center’s Angad Arts Hotel, curating the permanent collection and the Hotel’s inaugural exhibition year. Prior to becoming the Exhibition Manager at the Foundry Art Centre, Jessica was an independent consultant and the curatorial director of Houska Gallery in the Central West End, St. Louis. To date, she’s been involved in 141 exhibitions. Jessica lives in historic Lafayette Square, St. Louis, with her husband, new daughter, and rescue dog.
Discounts In appreciation to the artists who make our exhibits possible, artists who are juried into an exhibit will receive a 20% discount off both gallery purchases and framing while their work is on display. If an artist’s work receives the People’s Choice award, the discount is extended for the length their work is on display. We thank you for being an active part of the Arts in St. Charles!
Liability and Insurance
While reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard entries, Framations does not insure work submitted to the gallery for Exhibitions and is not responsible for loss or damage to any work submitted while on display or in transit. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure their own artwork.
Framations reserves the right to photograph all exhibited works for use on our website, email announcement for the exhibit and for use in press releases and exhibition promotions.
Entry in this Exhibition indicates agreement with all conditions in this prospectus.